- Quito, Ecuador
- Program Type:
- Intern Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Work Types:
- Education, Psychology, Social Sciences
- Program Description:
Engage in a mutually-beneficial service project alongside locals to learn more about yourself, the local community, Ecuador, and the world and your place in it. This service learning program will place you in a community-based project that addresses a local need or issue. You’ll work alongside locals while also being encouraged to think critically and reflect through online service learning coursework. Of course it’s not all work and no play! You’ll also participate in a range of social and cultural activities, tours, and trips organized by our wonderful on-site staff. Ecuador may seem small, but it packs so much in that you’ll still have to prioritize!
- Setting Description:
- From lively indigenous festivals to lovely outdoor cafés in tranquil parks, Quito is a city of wonderful contrasts. It has a mixed history of ancient empires and colonialism. This history is visible in the ruins that dot the landscape and in the incredible Spanish-style churches and leafy plazas. UNESCO named the entire downtown a World Heritage site. They described Quito as having “the best-preserved, least-altered historic center in Latin America.” Quito comprises several distinct neighborhoods. You’ll love the historic downtown with its colorful buildings, cobblestone streets, and street vendors selling everything you can possibly imagine. Equally fun is the Mariscal Sucre, the heart of the traveler scene in Quito.
- Please visit our website for price.
Additional Program Information
- 60 hours of college-level credit
- Scholarships Description:
- Please visit our website for details.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program