Chapman University offers the entry level Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) degree for students interested in physical therapy.
- Walnut Creek, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Physical Therapy
- Program Description:
- Chapman University’s Doctor of Physical Therapy (DPT) program strives to foster the development of professional Doctors of Physical Therapy who are exceptional clinicians, skilled in delivering ethical care in today’s global community. As a DPT student, you will work closely with the faculty to develop as an autonomous practitioner, to explore and evaluate research and the evidence you will need as a base for practice decisions. In addition, the DPT will help you focus on good clinical judgment, the value of lifelong learning, and the preparation for you to be a leader in health care. The DPT program is a full time three year program with integrated clinical experiences.
Additional Program Information
- Chapman University is accredited by and is a member of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. This program is the longest continually accredited program in the United States, beginning with accreditation in 1928 and continuing until today. The Commission on Accreditation in Physical Therapy Education (CAPTE) is the accrediting body for physical therapy education. In 2007, the program received continued accreditation until 2016.
- Financial Aid:
- Admission Requirements (All Applicants) Completed PTCAS application An earned BA or BS degree from a regionally accredited college or university Official GRE scores 40 hours of physical therapy observation/experience Cumulative (or last 30 hour) GPA of 3.0 or higher Prerequisite GPA of 3.0 or higher A complete list of admission requirements may also be found on the PTCAS website.
- International Requirements:
- In addition to completing the application for admission, international students must submit the following: TOEFL/IELTS Scores: International applicants whose native language is not English must submit results of the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) or International English Language Testing System (IELTS). TOEFL scores must be a minimum of 550 (paper-based), 213 (computer-based) or 80 (internet-based) and must have been taken within 2 years of the date of application for admission to Chapman. Scores must be sent directly to PTCAS. The ETS recording code for Chapman University is 4047. IELTS scores of 6.5 or higher are acceptable. International students who have completed their undergraduate degrees at a regionally accredited U.S. college or university do not need to submit TOEFL or IELTS scores. Academic Documentation. Financial Certification.