MA students may specialize in either one of the seven fields below by completing a minimum of 6 credits, as well as writing their thesis (also 6 credits) on a topic in either of the fields below: * European Public Policy * International Public Po
- Budapest, Hungary
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
- The Department of Public Policy at Central European University offers a US-accredited, one-year Master of Arts in Public Policy degree program which seeks to train future decision-makers and policy experts.
The curriculum connects critical thinking with problem-solving dynamics and policy practice. It aims to deepen the knowledge of policy theories and administrative practice for its application in contemporary governance. The program is based on a strong conviction that well-targeted research, reasoned debate, and informed public decision-making need to be advanced to address contemporary policy problems, and that these needs can usefully draw on globally transformed policy experience.
Besides completing the course requirements, students are engaged in practical research and gain professional experience, notably through the porgram’s compulsory practice component. Students either do an internship with an international organization, government department, NGO or similarly relevant body. Alternatively, students work in small teams of three-four to produce a piece of original research for an external client engaged in public policy advocacy, implementation and development. in which students either do a 2-month internship or carry out a piece of policy research advising an external client.
MA students may specialize in either one of the seven fields below by completing a minimum of 6 credits, as well as writing their thesis (also 6 credits) on a topic in either of the fields below: * European Public Policy * International Public Policy * Decentralized Governance * Higher Education Policy and Management * Media, Information and Communications Policy * Political and Economic Development * Equality and Social Justice
The Master in Public Policy is a unique experience. It brings together a highly diverse and international student body at an American graduate university that is embedded in the heart of Europe. After finishing their studies in public policy, our graduates pursue successful careers in the fields of public administration, as policy advisors and experts, or in academia.
- The tuition fee for the full masters program in 2012-2013 is 11,000 EUR. Additional fees include: General deposit: 500 EUR for self-financing students, 200 EUR for scholarship recipients Student enrollment fee: 62,700 HUF (Hungarian Forints)
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- In pursuit of our mission, we strive to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world. This is why we offer generous scholarships available to students from any country.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program