New offerings include various interdisciplinary courses combining anthropology, history, political science and sociology with psychology, nationalism studies, international relations and urban and media studies such as “National Identity at a Crossroads i
- Budapest, Hungary
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- Held between June 22 - July 31, 2015 at Central European University, Budapest, Hungary, CEU's summer school offers over 20 high-level, research-oriented, interdisciplinary academic courses as well as workshops on policy issues for professional development, taught by internationally renowned scholars and policy experts. Application from all over the world is encouraged. Financial aid is available. The first application deadline is February 14, 2015.
New offerings include various interdisciplinary courses combining anthropology, history, political science and sociology with psychology, nationalism studies, international relations and urban and media studies such as “National Identity at a Crossroads in Europe and in Russia”, “Political Psychology”, “Religious Violence in Global Perspective”, “The City Uploaded: Urban Intersections of Film and New Media”, and “Cities and Science: Urban History and the History of Science in the Study of Early Modern and Modern Europe”. The two philosophy courses will also explore new approaches in their respective fields in ontology and phenomenology (“Ontology and Metaontology”, Moral Phenomenology”) Some of the highly successful repeat courses include “Advanced Topics in Internet Governance”, “Constitution-building in Africa”, “Green Industry”, “Luminosus Limes: Geographical, Ethnic, Social and Cultural Frontiers in Late Antiquity”, and “Strategic Human Rights Litigation”.
CEU has been running summer courses since 1996 in the social sciences and humanities for junior faculty and researchers, doctoral students and postdoctoral fellows. More than 8,000 participants from over 90 countries have passed through this programme. Year after year, CEU's wide global academic and professional network mobilises the most promising young scientists and practitioners to participate in the courses.
- Setting Description:
- CEU is a new model for international education, a center for regional and global studies, and a source of intellectual support for building open and democratic societies that respect human rights. It is a young university, and a dynamic one. In just two decades, it has achieved an international reputation for excellence in teaching and research, bridging academic disciplines, and combining specific knowledge with universal values. The university is located in Budapest, a crossroads of the world. In any given year, participants come from over 90 countries and our faculty from more than 30. CEU offers graduate-level English-language curricula in social sciences and the humanities.
- -Tuition Fee per week: 300 EUR ("Early Bird" fee: 270 EUR). Courses may vary in their fees and financial support schemes. Check relevant course web sites for financial information. -Accommodation in CEU Residence Center: In Single room: 28 EUR/ night / person - including breakfast In Shared Double room: 17 EUR/ night / person - including breakfast -Estimated living costs: 150-200 EUR Financial aid is available.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- In pursuit of our mission, we strive to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world. This is why we offer generous scholarships available to students from any country.