CEU’s summer courses are highly interdisciplinary and are offered across a broad spectrum of disciplines and topics. These include anthropology, environmental studies, history, international relations, film and media, political science, philosophy, public
- Budapest, Hungary
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- The Summer University program hosts high-level, research-oriented, interdisciplinary and innovative academic courses as well as workshops on policy issues for professional development in the social sciences and the humanities. The one- or two-week long courses are taught by distinguished international faculty. Applications are invited from graduate students, junior or post-doctoral researchers, teachers and professionals. The first application deadline is February 14, 2015.
CEU’s summer courses are highly interdisciplinary and are offered across a broad spectrum of disciplines and topics. These include anthropology, environmental studies, history, international relations, film and media, political science, philosophy, public policy, sociology, and various legal areas. Policy courses offer training in issues of integrity and corruption, green industry, communication policy advocacy, communication technologies and the environment, financing for education, mediation, public policy evaluation, and strategic human rights litigation.
The program draws its student body from over 90 countries and its faculty from more than 40 countries. Very few other universities can claim such a unique international profile with no particular national predominance: all our courses offer a richly dense cross-section of nationalities. Participants and professors particularly enjoy the exposure to the immense diversity of countries, disciplines, views, and perspectives. Discussions are encouraged and conducted in an atmosphere of tolerance and intellectual curiosity.
- Setting Description:
- Central European University is a US-style, internationally recognized institution of post-graduate education in the social sciences and humanities, located in the capital city of Hungary, Budapest. The program provides the opportunity to live and study in one of Europe’s most exciting cities, from which many other Central European capitals (Vienna, Prague) are easily explored on weekend trips.
- The course fee is typically 300 EUR/week. Financial aid is available. Course-specific fees and funding schemes should be checked on the relevant course websites.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- In pursuit of our mission, we strive to attract world-class graduate talent from all over the world. This is why we offer generous scholarships available to students from any country.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program