- Pittsburgh, United States
- Program Type:
- Full Degree
- Degree Level:
- Public Administration
- Program Description:
Designed for emerging managers, administrators and leaders, our Master of Public Management (MPM) program provides students with a comprehensive academic experience focused on analytics and leadership.
The MPM program (available on either a part-time or a full-time basis) is the perfect solution for individuals who want to advance their careers or start new careers in management, health care or education while maintaining a full-time work schedule. Our curriculum emphasizes analytic and quantitative tools, as well as communication and management skills.
Our curriculum offers students a research-driven, industry-centered approach to professional management with an emphasis on how to apply management skills across public, private, nonprofit, and government sectors. Students develop professional skills through a variety of advanced electives, special project courses, and experiential learning opportunities, giving them a truly marketable, valuable, and competitive advantage in the field.
Unique Features & Benefits:
- Customizable Learning Experience: Flexible scheduling with many evening class options allows students to complete the degree at their pace.
- Leadership development: The creative and market-responsive curriculum leverages the work experience students bring to the classroom and broadens their understanding of social, political, technological, and economic processes. Students gain the necessary skills to become effective and innovative leaders and inspire others in the process.
- Quantitative management and technology: MPM's skills-based curriculum integrates public policy, information technology, quantitative analysis, and management skills that prepare students to solve complex real-world problems.
- Focused learning: Elective coursework is available in a variety of focus areas like health care, analytics, and management.
- Exceptional alumni and employer networks: MPM students come from diverse professional backgrounds, creating a unique learning environment, as well as a powerful post-graduate network.
Additional Program Information
- Middle States
- Financial Aid:
- While submitting results from the GRE or GMAT is optional when applying for admission, applicants must show substantial work experience in the private, public or non-profit sectors (minimum of 3 years).
- International Requirements:
- All applicants whose native language (mother tongue) is NOT English must submit a test score from the TOEFL (25+ in each section) or IELTS (7+ in each section). The only exception is for students who have worked or studied for 5 years or more in Australia, Canada, New Zealand, the Republic of Ireland, the U.K., the U.S. or South Africa.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program