- Oxford, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The world's oldest English-speaking university
University of Oxford, a member of the prestigious Russell Group, is the world’s oldest English-speaking university, and ranks consistently as the top university in the world.
Established in 1096, the university consists of numerous semi-autonomous constituent colleges and halls, all of which maintain reputations as elite centers of learning. University of Oxford in its entirety is home to 24,000 students, approximately 11,000 of whom are international, from 160 countries.
Oxford is highly competitive, and world renowned for its high academic standards and research and teaching excellence. Your studies through Arcadia at one of six Oxford colleges will take place in the framework of the tutorial system.
This system requires intensive academic preparation and independent work, which you’ll then discuss one-on-one or in small groups with an assigned college tutor.
This type of approach is excellent preparation for graduate level work. This is a highly sought after and competitive opportunity for students at Junior or Senior standing with an excellent academic background, with early application deadlines.
You can apply to study the sciences, social sciences, or arts at one of six colleges: St. Anne’s, St. Catherine’s, St. Edmund Hall, Lady Margaret Hall, Mansfield College, or Hertford College.
The Oxford academic year is three terms, and students can choose between fall term, spring two term, or a full academic year, depending upon the college into which they’re accepted. Students applying to Hertford College, St Anne’s College, and Lady Margaret Hall have the option of extending the fall term to a full semester through special academic options.
Each college at Oxford maintains its own social events and distinct college culture, while drawing from the amenities and characteristics of Oxford as a whole. Ancient and storied architecture blend with modern clubs and music venues, church steeples with pubs and eateries, and cloistered gardens with impressive theaters.
All these contrasts and synergies make Oxford a quintessential university town. You’ll find yourself in proximity to both quaint local villages and London (an hour away by train).
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Harry Potter Studio Tour
- Tower of London
- London Street Art Tour
- Hampton Court Day Excursion
- Keats house
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Oxford is a vibrant and bustling town whose primary focus of interest and activity is the academic and social life that takes place within and around the colleges and quads of the University. You will be fully integrated into the academic and social life of the College you attend, and will be housed in a single study-bedroom in a College-operated residence that includes shared kitchen and bathroom facilities. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Stonehenge & Bath · Adventure Weekend in Wales · Windsor Castle · Royal Ascot · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.7 - Recommended 3.7 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program