- Dunedin, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Ranked in the top 1% of universities globally
Otago is New Zealand’s oldest university, ranked in the top 1% of universities globally, with world-class facilities and extremely high student satisfaction ratings on all aspects of university life. It’s situated on a residential campus with the majority of students living nearby, in the fun and active seaside college town of Dunedin, allowing ample opportunity to engage with kiwi life.
Its field-study-rich academic offerings include strengths in environmental science, law, geology, and political studies. There are thousands of courses available in subjects ranging from anthropology, film & media studies, and theater studies to ecology, genetics, biochemistry, bioethics, business, psychology and physical education. The University of Otago also has one of only two medical schools in the country.
Many science courses use the environment around Otago as their laboratory, creating opportunities to get out and experience the real New Zealand. Regardless of the courses you choose, you can expect to look at the world in new ways.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Queenstown Weekend
- Surf Lessons
- Cycling along the Harbour to Portobello
- Hike the southern Alps
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Picture a campus with delightful old stone buildings intermingled with the modern and avant-garde architecture of many new buildings and the stream "The Water of Leith" meandering through the middle, and you have the University of Otago. Academic excellence in an environment that encourages a balance between study and recreation is the best way to characterize the University of Otago. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Waikato District · Queen Charlotte Sound · Abel Tasman National Park · Queenstown Weekend · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- · GPA: 2.8 on a 4.0 scale
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program