- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
A favorite destination for study abroad students, year after year!
Edinburgh is one of Arcadia’s top study abroad destinations - with good reason.
The city itself is absolutely beautiful, and this world-class research university is nestled into the city itself, creating a student-centric environment that is both scholarly and fun. Edinburgh is centrally located in Scotland and well-connected to everywhere else you could possibly want to go in the UK.
Subject areas range through dozens of disciplines, and include arts, humanities, social sciences, science and engineering, languages, divinity studies, education, law, medicine and veterinary medicine, and music. Credit structures mesh well with home-school requirements. Activities and support are provided by the friendly and welcoming staff of the Arcadia Edinburgh Center, which is located directly on campus.
Special Feature: Arcadia Cornerstone Course
Cross Cultural Travel Writing: This special course opportunity enables you to explore the history of this unique genre of writing in Scotland as well as the work of Scottish writers abroad. As part of your study, you'll create a travel blog and a final reflective presentation. Discover Scotland and the world through your own creative impressions and those of others! (This course includes a weekend excursion.)
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Firbush Activity Weekend
- Luss Highland Games & The Hill House
- Golf Championship
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Located in the heart of Scotland's capital city, the university’s primary campus was built around George's Square, with its views of Edinburgh Castle and the great craggy rocks of Arthur's seat. There is also a Kings Buildings campus for students in the College of Science and Engineering, with its own library, computer lab facilities and a free shuttle bus between the two campuses. Edinburgh is a real student town and you can move easily between your classes and life in the city within a matter of minutes. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Firbush Activity Weekend · Highlands · Luss Highland Games & Hill House · Rugby Match · Ceilidh Dance · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 GPA recommended 3.0 GPA for consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program