- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Scotland is a favorite study abroad destination for students and the University of Edinburgh, one of the world’s leading academic institutions, is always a popular choice. It has the oldest English literature department in Britain and its alumni include Charles Darwin, David Hume and former UK Prime Minister Gordon Brown. Its long and storied history as a seat of learning, the lively student atmosphere and the elegance, and striking beauty of the city, make this a favorite study abroad destination for students.
Against the backdrop of elegance and striking beauty of the city it calls home, the university hosts a population of over 20,000 students. It offers an extensive range of courses in the arts, humanities, social sciences, science and engineering, languages, divinity studies, education, law, medicine and veterinary medicine, and music.
Cornerstone Course - Cross Cultural Travel Writing: Explore the history of this unique genre of writing in Scotland as well as the work of Scottish writers abroad. As part of your study, you'll create a travel blog and a final reflective presentation. Discover Scotland and the world through your own creative impressions and those of others! (This course includes a weekend excursion.)
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- Located in the heart of Scotland's capital city, the university’s primary campus was built around George's Square, with its views of Edinburgh Castle and the great craggy rocks of Arthur's seat. There is also a Kings Buildings campus for students in the College of Science and Engineering, with its own library, computer lab facilities and a free shuttle bus between the two campuses. Edinburgh is a real student town and you can move easily between your classes and life in the city within a matter of minutes. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Firbush Activity Weekend · Highlands · Luss Highland Games & Hill House · Rugby Match · Ceilidh Dance · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 GPA recommended 3.0 GPA for consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program