- Perugia, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Combines cultural immersion with community engagement and language learning
Study Italian language and culture this summer! This summer Italian Immersion Program is a special opportunity provided by ISI Perugia - The Umbra Institute over six weeks, which provides the equivalent of two semesters of Italian language and culture studies (eight credits). The program is a blend of in-class and interactive co-curricular components, many of which are with Italian students, and include workshops, museum visits, social events, and guided tours.
The program is open to students with all levels of Italian proficiency, including absolute beginners. Receiving a total of 20 hours of language instruction per week, you’ll meet with fellow students and staff four to five days per week for both classes and activities, along with individual tutoring. The program develops your proficiency quickly in a variety of contexts, and provides a significant amount of cultural immersion.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Amalfi Coast
- Film Series
- Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards in Viterbo
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- The diverse Umbra faculty and friendly staff strive to incorporate a genuine Italian experience into all elements of both the academic curriculum and student life. Nestled between colorful cafes, restaurants, museums, and art galleries in the historical center, the Umbra Institute houses a library, computer facilities, art studios, student lounge, and multimedia classrooms. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Amalfi Coast · Film Festivals · Trip to Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards · Explore Agriturismo, Outdoor Markets, Food and Flavors · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- GPA Requirements: 2.75 Recommended 2.50 For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program