- Perugia, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Often called ‘the big university town in a small Italian city,’ Perugia is the home of the Umbra Institute, an academic partner of Arcadia which offers this summer course for lovers of Italian language and culture – even if you have no language skills this program will give you strong grounding in the language and a deep immersion into the culture. The institute also offers field study to famous Italian cities and sites, community engagement opportunities, and extracurricular activities to take you out of the classroom and into the real Italy.
You will learn about Italy, its language and people, in the classroom and by viewing Italian films, participating in excursions to cultural events and interacting with local residents. You may have no Italian language or be a strong speaker. Either way, you are sure to improve your proficiency as you explore the city, interact with its residents and learn first-hand about the real Italy. Courses are taught in Italian, geared to your level, and you will receive 20 hours of language instruction a week.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- The diverse Umbra faculty and friendly staff strive to incorporate a genuine Italian experience into all elements of both the academic curriculum and student life. Nestled between colorful cafes, restaurants, museums, and art galleries in the historical center, the Umbra Institute houses a library, computer facilities, art studios, student lounge, and multimedia classrooms. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Amalfi Coast · Film Festivals · Trip to Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards · Explore Agriturismo, Outdoor Markets, Food and Flavors · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- GPA Requirements: 2.75 Recommended 2.50 For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program