- Perugia, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
If you are interested in a program that gives you a thorough immersion into the Italian way of life while studying alongside international students, then Umbra Institute's Intensive Italian Semester is perfect for you. It involves a direct enroll with Universita per Stranieri (University for Foreigners). The Università per Stranieri is one of the oldest and most prestigious institutions of Italian language instruction in Italy.
You will study Italian exclusively or enroll in courses covering various topics in Italian language, literature, art, history, and culture at the advanced levels. A placement exam during orientation will determine the sequence of courses you will take. The program includes about 27 hours a week at the university coupled with weekly recitation classes with Umbra instructors - to guide, assist, and assess you through your learning experience. They set weekly assignments and assess students’ final grades in the program.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 12 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- The university is located in the center of the beautiful hill-top town of Perugia in the ancient building of the Palazzo Gallenga. The university also occupies four smaller buildings, the Prosciutti, Lupattelli, Orvieto and Valitutti buildings which, although they are set in the picturesque surrounding countryside, are within walking distance of the main site. You will live in shared apartments with other Italian or international students to help with language acquisition. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Amalfi Coast · Film Festivals · Trip to Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards · Explore Agriturismo, Outdoor Markets, Food and Flavors · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- GPA Recommended: 2.75 GPA for Consideration: 2.5
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program