- Perugia, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Intensive Italian language at one of the most prestigious institutions of Italian language instruction
Study Italian at any level - from absolute beginner to advanced - at one of the oldest and most prestigious institutions of Italian language instruction in Italy. This Direct Enrollment Program is a partnership between the Umbra Institute and the Università per Stranieri (University for Foreigners). Students on the Intensive Italian Program enjoy being part of the Umbra Institute community, as well as studying alongside international students at the Università per Stranieri.
Coursework may consist of studying Italian language exclusively, or a combination of Italian language and literature, art, history, and culture at the advanced levels. You’ll take a placement exam when you arrive to determine your appropriate course selections. The program consists of 27 hours a week at the university, coupled with weekly recitation classes with an Umbra professor, who serves as a mentor and guide throughout this specialized and intensive experience.
The hilltop city of Perugia, located halfway between Rome and Florence, is a quintessential university town, offering scenic art and architecture and historical resonance at every turn. With Etruscan walls, cobblestoned streets, and medieval churches surrounding you, you’ll find yourself in a contemporary, bustling place with visible traces of the past.
The Umbra Institute, located on Perugia’s main piazza, adjacent to the duomo, is the only year-round independent American institute based in Perugia.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Amalfi Coast
- Film Series
- Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards in Viterbo
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- The university is located in the center of the beautiful hill-top town of Perugia in the ancient building of the Palazzo Gallenga. The university also occupies four smaller buildings, the Prosciutti, Lupattelli, Orvieto and Valitutti buildings which, although they are set in the picturesque surrounding countryside, are within walking distance of the main site. You will live in shared apartments with other Italian or international students to help with language acquisition. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Amalfi Coast · Film Festivals · Trip to Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards · Explore Agriturismo, Outdoor Markets, Food and Flavors · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- GPA Recommended: 2.75 GPA for Consideration: 2.5
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program