- Granada, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
STEM Summer Research in English at a leading institute for environmental research in Southern Spain
Spend eight weeks earning six credits this summer, while participating in significant environmental research in a distinct region of southern Spain!
This STEM summer research program is based at the Andalusian Institute for Earth System Research (IISTA), one of Spain’s leading institutes for environmental research, in cooperation with the University of Granada.
This is a perfect opportunity for STEM students interested in physics, math, meteorology and environmental science to complete independent research, gain impressive experience toward future opportunities, and stay on track for graduation.
Founded in 2011, the IISTA promotes scientific and technological knowledge, along with development and innovation, in the areas of earth science and environmental development. Your research will be conducted in English; basic conversational Spanish can be useful for everyday life in Spain, but it’s not required to participate.
Andalusia is a distinct and legendary region in southern Spain. It’s a storied, magical place, and the city of Granada is in its heart. Centuries of Moorish rule afford a unique diversity to its world-famous architecture and traditions. Modern Granada is a vibrant, affordable university town. This is the perfect place to soak up the culture, learn the language, meet local and international students, and experience the Spanish way of life. It’s home to stunning scenery and welcoming local atmosphere.
Projects are available in the following areas: Atmospheric Science/Meteorology; Environmental Health; Physics & Math
Additional Program Highlights:
- You will have in-depth discussions with your research mentor before arriving in Spain to begin work on your proposal.
- This is particularly beneficial if you are aiming for graduate school in a scientific discipline.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- The Museum of Exile and Colliure
- Gincana in Granada and Barcelona
- Discover Morocco
- Guided Exploration of Alhambra
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Study in beautiful Andalucia at the Andalusian Institute for Earth System Research (IISTA) and the University of Granada! The picturesque university city of Granada will captivate you with its mountain vistas and palatial Moorish architecture, its unique spirit and its poetic echoes. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Guided Exploration of Alhambra · Discover Morocco · Multi-city tours · Spanish Tropical Coast · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.8 GPA - Recommended 2.8 GPA - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...