- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
This innovative summer research program from the University of Glasgow is consistently ranked among the UK’s top universities. This program offers a variety of summer research projects in Geographical and Earth sciences, Psychology, Physics, Biology, Chemistry & Math.You will engage in faculty supervised, hands-on research projects with results that will culminate in the preparation of a research paper. Faculty mentors will work closely with you to direct your continued growth and knowledge development in the chosen research topic discipline.
Past projects have included: Using C. Elegans as a Model Organism for Genetic Screens; Chemical Robotics; The Beta Pen; Langton Ant Math Project; Bedrock Erosion by Moving Grains: Direct Measurements Using Intelligent Pebble. Specific research projects are available in Pure and Applied Mathematics/Statistics, Chemistry, Physics, and Biology. Such intensive study abroad is invaluable experience for a resume or indeed for graduate school.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- With approximately 17,000 students, the University of Glasgow consistently ranks among the UK's top universities. With its impressive stone buildings and green campus setting in the posh West End of Glasgow, this leading university offers a world-class academic program in a city that is trendy, vibrant and energetic. The Arcadia Center for Education Abroad, in conjunction with the University of Glasgow, guarantees you accommodation in one of the halls of residence. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Firbush Activity Weekend · Highlands · Luss Highland Games & Hill House · Rugby Match · Ceilidh Dance · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.8 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program