- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Unique STEM research opportunities this summer at a world-class research university
Spend six weeks this summer earning six credits while engaged in significant independent research at a world-class research university. This is a great opportunity to receive mentorship from leading researchers while boosting your resume and academic experience - without interrupting your academic schedule at your home school.
Established in 1451, University of Glasgow is the fourth-oldest university in the English-speaking world, and one of Scotland’s four ancient universities. Contemporary University of Glasgow hosts 29,000 undergraduate and graduate students from 140 countries, and is located in a green campus setting in the West End of Glasgow, a trendy and vibrant area of the city.
Glasgow is considered to be one of the world’s friendliest and most affordable cities, and the West End of Glasgow is filled with cafes, bars, boutiques and cultural attractions, ensuring that you’ll always have something fun to explore. Ninety local parks and gardens make this a walkable and green place. Vintage shopping, street art, and nightlife all contribute to the cosmopolitan vibe.
Projects are available in the following areas: Life Sciences; Chemistry; Psychology
Additional program highlights:
- Program is highly individualized, with limited enrollment.
- You will need to complete a brief Literature Review in consultation with your research supervisor prior to departure before the start of the program.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Firbush Activity Weekend
- Luss Highland Games & The Hill House
- Golf Championship
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- With approximately 17,000 students, the University of Glasgow consistently ranks among the UK's top universities. With its impressive stone buildings and green campus setting in the posh West End of Glasgow, this leading university offers a world-class academic program in a city that is trendy, vibrant and energetic. The Arcadia Center for Education Abroad, in conjunction with the University of Glasgow, guarantees you accommodation in one of the halls of residence. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Firbush Activity Weekend · Highlands · Luss Highland Games & Hill House · Rugby Match · Ceilidh Dance · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.8 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program