- Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Aberdeen is a friendly, vibrant city on the threshold of the Highlands of Scotland. With unsurpassed mountain scene and within a half hour of golden sands, there is everything you would want in an international experience for sporting, social and cultural activities.
Your placement will be in one of the best Medical Sciences programs in the U.K., The Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) or The Rowett Institute, alongside world-class research groups. You will be welcomed by a senior member of our faculty, who will look after all students, and by your project supervisor. Choose from a range of biomedical science, molecular, cell and developmental biology projects. You will be trained in current research techniques and will benefit from a range of workshops to cater to the differing interests of the students. These workshops will also allow faculty to speak to students one-on-one, to discuss their progress and to ensure they have regular pastoral support during their stay in Aberdeen.
The IMS is home to several world-class research groups including the MRC Centre in Medical Mycology and the Aberdeen Centre for Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Health. The Rowett Institute is a world leader in healthy eating, human nutrition and how it can help prevent disease.
Both institutes are located on a clinical site alongside one of the largest hospital and university complexes in Europe.
Regular research skills program in small groups run by academic staff including: scientific reading and writing skills; critical analysis skill development; and public engagement skills.
- For students on a Pre-Med track, there will be an opportunity to shadow clinical practitioner and experience in our simulated ward and other clinical skills activities. Students are also welcome to attend Medicine Open Days.
In the National Student Survey, Aberdeen was jointly ranked first for overall student satisfaction in Pharmacology. In the 2019 Guardian League Tables Aberdeen was ranked first in Scotland for Sports Science and fifth in the UK for Anatomy and Physiology.
- The IMS has its own café where academics and students can meet and exchange ideas as well as enjoy Scottish delicacies like stovies, broth and rowies (all delicious and unique!).
- Setting Description:
- Aberdeen is a friendly, vibrant city on the threshold of the Highlands of Scotland. With unsurpassed mountain scene and within a half hour of golden sands, there is everything you would want in an international experience for sporting, social and cultural activities.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out different funding sources for study abroad - from Arcadia and other foundations...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program