- Aberdeen, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Summer research projects at one of the best medical science programs in the UK
Undertake a STEM research project at University of Aberdeen, earning six credits in six weeks over the summer, and contributing to significant research.
You’ll be placed in one of the finest Medical Sciences programs in the U.K., The Institute of Medical Sciences (IMS) or The Rowett Institute, alongside world-class research groups. During your program, you will be supported by both your project supervisor and a senior member of faculty.
The IMS is home to several renowned research groups including the MRC Centre in Medical Mycology and the Aberdeen Centre for Arthritis and Musculoskeletal Health. The Rowett Institute is a world leader in nutrition and disease-prevention studies. Both institutes are located on a clinical site alongside one of the largest hospital and university complexes in Europe.
Projects are available in the following areas: biomedical science, molecular, cell and developmental biology.
Additional Program Highlights:
- You’ll be trained in current research techniques, be included in a range of one-on-one workshops, and participate in a regular, small-group, research-skills program run by academic staff.
- Students on a Pre-Med track may shadow a clinical practitioner in a simulated ward to learn clinical skills, as well as attend Medicine Open Days.
Aberdeen is a friendly city on the northeast coast of Scotland, close to both highlands and golden sands. As a student, you’ll find everything you would want amid an array of sports, cultural and social offerings.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Firbush Activity Weekend
- Luss Highland Games & The Hill House
- Golf Championship
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Aberdeen is a friendly, vibrant city on the threshold of the Highlands of Scotland. With unsurpassed mountain scene and within a half hour of golden sands, there is everything you would want in an international experience for sporting, social and cultural activities.
Additional Program Information
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out different funding sources for study abroad - from Arcadia and other foundations...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program