- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
A personalized academic setting just outside London, with strengths in Sports Science
St Mary’s University, Twickenham, located in suburban London, was founded as a Catholic teacher training college by the Brothers of Christian Instruction, with only six students in 1850.
The original college was located in Hammersmith, but moved to its present site in Twickenham in the 1920s, with the purchase of Strawberry Hill House, a Neogothic structure built by politician and writer Horace Walpole in the mid-eighteenth century. St Mary’s is the oldest Roman Catholic university in the UK.
The University remained mainly a teacher training institution until the 1970’s, when degree offerings were expanded. Today’s St. Mary’s maintains a deep commitment to theology, religion, and education, as well as strengths in media and journalism, and management.
The opening of a new Sports Centre in 2011 and the utilization of St Mary’s as a training camp for Olympians in its Sports Village in 2012, and a team base for several Rugby World Cup teams in 2015 , underscored its robust offerings in athletic training and sports science.
Today’s student body of 6,000 allows for a personalized academic setting in quiet environs, but the highly active Student Union imparts an energetic vibe, with clubs, societies, sports and entertainment for you to partake in and enjoy. And central London is only 30 minutes away.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Harry Potter Studio Tour
- Tower of London
- London Street Art Tour
- Hampton Court Day Excursion
- Keats house
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Established in 1850, St Mary's is located approximately 30 minutes by train from central London, in an area of Southwest London close to green space. A personalized approach combined with an active campus vibe, from events organized by the Students' Union to a range of sporting opportunities, complement your academic studies. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Harry Potter Studio Tour · London Street Art Tour · Hampton Court Day Excursion · Rugby or Football Match · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.7 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program