- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Do you have a penchant for creative writing or a passion for British literature? Imagine working with and listening to accomplished British writers while enjoying the cultural and historical riches of Edinburgh, Scotland's beautiful capital city. The Scottish Universities' International Summer School (SUISS) offers these opportunities in an environment that attracts students from around the world.
These short-term, intensive programs run from early July to late August, and credit can be awarded at either the undergraduate or graduate level. Students have the choice of attending one of the following course groupings:
- Text & Context: British Literature from 1900 to the Present (7.5 credits)
- Creative Writing and Contemporary British Theater & Performance (6 credits)
- Creative Writing & Contemporary British Literature (6.5 credits)
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- Edinburgh is lively and cosmopolitan. Considered to be one of Europe's most beautiful cities, you'll find attractive public parks intermingled with magnificent historic architecture and world-class cultural attractions. Scattered throughout the city are jutting craggy rocks on one of which sits the ancient Edinburgh castle. The rugged natural beauty and the more manicured city-center gardens combine with the urban sophistication of its clubs, pubs and restaurants to make Edinburgh a truly unforgettable city. You will stay in a single room in a nearby student residence hall, which is only a short walk from classes and 10 minutes by bus from the city center. You will have access to a large variety of recreational facilities. Additionally, most meals are covered in your program fee. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please v
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 2.9 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program