- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
An unforgettable summer for students of creative writing, literature, and theatre
The renowned Scottish Universities’ International Summer School is a mecca for creative writers, students of literature and for those passionate about theatre and performance. This unique opportunity takes place over three sessions (you’ll choose one of the three) and allows you to work with British writers and study alongside students from all over the world. Portions of the program coincide with Edinburgh’s world-famous International Festival and Fringe Festivals, along with the International Book Festival.
You'll choose 1 to 3 modules from the following 3 course areas:
- Text & Context: examine 20th and 21st century literature from Britain and Ireland.
- Creative Writing: build writing skills in fiction, poetry, and drama.
- Contemporary British and Irish Theatre & Performance: study theatre and performance while the Edinburgh International Festival and the Edinburgh Festival Fringe take place.
SUISS also offers a full cultural program throughout the sessions.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Firbush Activity Weekend
- Luss Highland Games & The Hill House
- Golf Championship
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Edinburgh is lively and cosmopolitan. Considered to be one of Europe's most beautiful cities, you'll find attractive public parks intermingled with magnificent historic architecture and world-class cultural attractions. Scattered throughout the city are jutting craggy rocks on one of which sits the ancient Edinburgh castle. The rugged natural beauty and the more manicured city-center gardens combine with the urban sophistication of its clubs, pubs and restaurants to make Edinburgh a truly unforgettable city. You will stay in a single room in a nearby student residence hall, which is only a short walk from classes and 10 minutes by bus from the city center. You will have access to a large variety of recreational facilities. Additionally, most meals are covered in your program fee. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please v
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 2.9 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...