- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Scotland's past comes to life!
From clans and clashes to the Vikings and the Romans, from monasticism to the Stuart monarchy, this is a hands-on exploration of Scottish history where Scotland itself is the classroom over four summer weeks. While your studies will be based in Edinburgh, the past of Scotland will come to life as you live and breathe Scottish history through field excursions and site visits throughout the country. Various lenses, from archaeological to geological to historical to cultural, will be utilized to gain new insight and understanding from this fascinating land.
You will enroll in the Scottish History course with the option to add Curating, Interpretation and Heritage: A Scottish Perspective if interested.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic
courses. Here is a sampling:
- Edinburgh Weekend
- Windsor Castle
- Adventure weekend in Wales
- Royal Ascot
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Edinburgh is lively and cosmopolitan. Considered to be one of Europe's most beautiful cities, you'll find attractive public parks intermingled with magnificent historic architecture and world-class cultural attractions. Scattered throughout the city are jutting craggy rocks on one of which sits the ancient Edinburgh castle. The rugged natural beauty and the more manicured city-center gardens combine with the urban sophistication of its clubs, pubs and restaurants to make Edinburgh a truly unforgettable city. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Firbush Activity Weekend · Highlands · Luss Highland Games & Hill House · Rugby Match · Ceilidh Dance · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 - Recommended 2.0 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program