- Glasgow, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Young performing artists from across the world converge on the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, making it a truly international environment. Founded in 1845, Charles Dickens gave its inaugural speech, setting the stage for an innovative institution to grow into what it is today – one of the most prestigious schools for the performing arts in the world. At the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland, you will experience world-class training across a wide variety of performance styles and production techniques.
You can choose courses from a large number of artistic disciplines including: composition, classical and traditional Scottish music, jazz, opera, ballet, musical theatre, acting, digital film and TV, technical and production arts, and contemporary performance practice. Opportunities to perform abound as the Conservatoire offers six performance venues which host over 400 performances a year by students, staff and visiting international artists. Your development will certainly continue long after the stage curtain closes. Spend an evening out in the city’s theatre district or an afternoon at the modern art museum.
Arcadia University opens the doors to new experiences, different academic learning, people, cultures and perspectives so you can build your own lifelong learning and memories:
- Explore a new world – excursions, activities, events, …
- Get to know yourself - then change! Gain a new view of the world and your place in it.
- Rely on us for support: 9 centers covering 11 countries worldwide
- Boost your résumé – employers AND graduate schools.
- Setting Description:
- Appropriately situated in Glasgow, which is home to many of the best art galleries and museum collections in the UK and serves as the base of many national companies, including the Royal Scottish National Orchestra, Scottish Opera, Scottish Ballet, the BBC Scottish Symphony Orchestra and The National Theatre of Scotland. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Firbush Activity Weekend · Highlands · Luss Highland Games & Hill House · Rugby Match · Ceilidh Dance · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.0 - Recommended 3.0 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program