- Brisbane, Australia
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The university for the real world
Though Queensland University of Technology (QUT) began operating officially in 1989, its roots date all the way back to colonial Australia, with the establishment of the Brisbane School of Arts in 1849. The merger of several other predecessor institutions over time led to the foundation of the modern institution, which serves more than 52,000 students. Known as “the university for the real world,” QUT is ranked in the top 12 universities of Australia and within the top 1% universities worldwide.
QUT’s creative, collaborative approach is apparent both on campus and in the community. The University is home to an internationally award-winning Science and Engineering Centre (featuring The Cube, one of the world’s largest digital interactive learning and display spaces), and boasts a Creative Industries Faculty, which fosters collaborative learning and interdisciplinary research environments. In the community, QUT maintains strong links with industry, representatives from which contribute to course development. QUT is known for its project-based learning approach, where real world outcomes for students are emphasized.
QUT operates on two campuses in central Brisbane and students should expect courses with an applied focus. Strengths include engineering, communications, fashion, performing arts, education, health, information technology, law, science, visual arts, film studies and QUT's triple-accredited business school. You’ll enjoy excellent, state-of-the-art facilities at both Kelvin Grove and Gardens Point.
Kelvin Grove is located approximately three kilometers from Brisbane’s city center, and is home to the QUT international college and to students in creative industries, education, and health. Kelvin Grove Village offers shops, restaurants, fitness facilities and green spaces along with art and performance spaces at QUT’s Creative Industries Precinct.
The Gardens Point Campus is located in the center of Brisbane, alongside Parliament House and the City Botanic Gardens. Students at this campus study business, design, engineering, health, information technology, justice, law, mathematics, science, and urban development.
Special Opportunity: QUT offers a unique co-curricular leadership, development and innovation program and a non-credit bearing industry placement opportunity for which you can apply as a study abroad student.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Great Barrier Reef
- The Grampians- Breathtaking scenery
- Broken Bay- Rappel, hike, swim & campfire cookouts
- North Stradbroke Island-Kayak & snorkel
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Brisbane is Australia's third largest city and a blend of modern buildings, and classic Queenslander architecture set in a subtropical climate. With almost two million residents, you'll find a vibrant, multi-cultural lifestyle where there are plenty of events to keep you entertained whether your interests are in experiencing the outdoors, or theater and music. You'll have plenty of places to explore. Because of its urban location, most QUT students have off-campus accommodation. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Mission Beach · The Grampians · North Stradbroke Island · Broken Bay · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...