- Cambridge, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
An opportunity to spend a summer at one of the world's oldest and most elite universities
Three hundred students from all over the world gather for this exclusive opportunity over six weeks in Cambridge each summer, enjoying the academic rigor of this world-renowned institution and its unique learning format.
Pembroke Cambridge Summer Program allows you to choose from a wide array of courses taught in one-on-one Cambridge Supervision style. Supervisions, offered weekly or bi-weekly, are a chance for your tutor to discuss points from lectures, comment on your written work, and direct you toward further research.
Courses in world literature, history, science, philosophy, economics, film, art history, behavioral ecology, and more are on offer. You can even design your own supervision on an independently selected, approved topic. Over the six weeks, you’ll take three courses for a total of nine credits.
This is an unforgettable opportunity to study in one of the world’s oldest and most elite institutions, located in a picturesque medieval town with a long history and rich traditions. London is just an hour away by train.
You’ll experience classic Cambridge traditions and events, with the opportunity to attend weekly Formal Halls, formal dinners in medieval halls by candlelight. You’ll make friends at the events organized daily and weekly by the program, including an excursion to London.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Harry Potter Studio Tour
- Tower of London
- London Street Art Tour
- Hampton Court Day Excursion
- Keats house
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Students are all housed in single rooms on or near the King's and Pembroke campuses. Both Colleges are within a five-minute walk to the center of Cambridge. Some accommodation include shared kitchen facilities, although the majority of meals are provided on-campus in the centuries-old "Formal Halls". Dining is an important tradition at Cambridge and meals are normally taken by candlelight! Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Stonehenge & Bath · Adventure Weekend in Wales · Windsor Castle · Royal Ascot · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 3.2 - Recommended 3.2 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program