- Edinburgh, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
A unique summer opportunity in Museum and Cultural Heritage Studies
This is a perfect opportunity for students interested in a future career in a cultural or heritage institution. The Museum Studies internship enables you to gain academic and professional experience within an organization dedicated to interpreting and preserving Scotland’s artifacts, monuments, history, people, and culture.
The program is ten weeks in length and consists of two academic courses, a placement, and course dedicated to your internship and required research project and presentation, for a total of nine credits. The placement and internship course (with associated research project and presentation) comprise the final four weeks of the program. You will begin with a Scottish history course to situate your internship in context, alongside a Heritage Management course, taught by the former Keeper of Archaeology at National Museums of Scotland. Your placement will follow, drawn from an array of opportunities available at historical architectural sites in major cities, and throughout Scotland, up into the Highlands. Alongside your internship, you’ll be preparing a research project and presentation consisting of original research on an important aspect of your placement. Program courses involve many co-curricular components, including site visits and excursions.
This is a program that combines the best of all worlds: professional experience, academic research, and valuable time spent out in the field. This is a very unique summer opportunity, aligning you for future success in both graduate school and the Museum Studies and Cultural Heritage Management fields.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Firbush Activity Weekend
- Luss Highland Games & The Hill House
- Golf Championship
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Edinburgh is lively and cosmopolitan. Considered to be one of Europe's most beautiful cities, you'll find attractive public parks intermingled with magnificent historic architecture and world-class cultural attractions. Scattered throughout the city are jutting craggy rocks on one of which sits the ancient Edinburgh castle. The rugged natural beauty and the more manicured city-center gardens combine with the urban sophistication of its clubs, pubs and restaurants to make Edinburgh a truly unforgettable city. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Firbush Activity Weekend · Highlands · Luss Highland Games & Hill House · Rugby Match · Ceilidh Dance · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.8 - Recommended 2.8 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program