- Florence, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
A summer program for aspiring designers
Are you an aspiring fashion, furnishing or accessory designer? If so, a summer at the Accademia Italiana Florence can provide the vital background and experience you need to pursue your career goals.
As one of Europe's leading centers for art and design, the Accademia offers an array of courses to students and professionals in all areas of Italian design and culture. With instruction in English, the focus of the programs is on teaching what is needed to design a stylistically consistent collection and develop individual creativity.
You will choose either a course in fashion design or in Italian industrial and product design. Depending on which course you choose, clothing collections and furniture accessories are among the things you will be asked to design. Programs combine theory and history of Italian design with practical approaches.
Fashion students will learn color theory, elements of collections, fashion illustration and personal graphic style under the guidance of practicing designers.
Industrial product design students (with a particular emphasis on furnishings) will focus on all elements from concept to final product, which includes participation in a creativity laboratory and associated museum and industry field excursions.
Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling:
- Almalfi Coast
- Film Series
- Roman Baths & Vineyards
- Agriturismo, village markets, traditional cooking
- Foods & Flavors of Italy
- and more...
Arcadia is a nationally recognized leader in higher education, offering exceptional study, research and internship experiences for students from colleges and universities across the US. Our unique combination of customized, diverse academic programming and comprehensive support allows students to explore new worlds, get to know themselves, boost their resumes for future job opportunities and graduate school, and experience the incredible growth and shifts in perspective that a culturally immersive experience can deliver.
- Setting Description:
- Through its long history, Florence has been graced by some of the world's most original and creative luminaries. Michelangelo, Dante, Fermi, Da Vinci, Marconi, and Galileo are just some of the names that are memorialized in stone tablets along the walls of the Church of Santa Croce. You can count on your courses taking advantage of the rich cultural and historical treasures of Florence as well as integrating class time with visits to museums, galleries, and design studios. Travel to fascinating places of interest that enhance your cultural immersion and give a meaningful context to your academic courses. Here is a sampling of Arcadia's Excursions - for a complete list, please visit our website. · Amalfi Coast · Film Festivals · Trip to Roman Baths and Wine Vineyards · Explore Agriturismo, Outdoor Markets, Food and Flavors · and more...
- Visit our website to find out more about tuition costs and what's included when studying abroad with Arcadia
Additional Program Information
- 2.5 - Recommended 2.5 - For Consideration
- Scholarships Description:
- Every dollar helps! Check out our website for different funding sources for study abroad...
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program