- Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
API students have the opportunity to study abroad in Wellington at one of New Zealand’s top universities – Victoria University of Wellington (VUW). VUW carries the prestigious “triple crown” of business school accreditation (AACSB, EQUIS, AMBA), and features comprehensive offerings in subjects such as architecture and design, education, computer engineering, humanities and social sciences, law, natural sciences, and much more. VUW has a strong research focus on meeting the needs of New Zealand and the Pacific Region, focusing on subjects such as sustainability, seismology, biodiversity, development studies, climate change, and indigenous studies. Founded in 1897, VUW has an enrollment of approximately 17,000.
Students at the VUW will be able to take a wide variety of courses with Kiwis and other international students in one of New Zealand’s most comfortable and cosmopolitan cities. Located in the capital, VUW offers top-level academics with a strong focus on regional issues. VUW also offers several opportunities for personal exploration and professional development through innovative leadership certificate programs.
New scholarship opportunity! Study with API and two NZ$500 scholarships will be awarded each semester.
- Setting Description:
- Wellington (population 450,000), is located on the southern tip of the North Island and is New Zealand’s capital city. Considered New Zealand’s cultural heart, Wellington features many museums, live music venues, theaters, and art festivals. Wellington is also a leading center for creative industries such as film and computer technologies. Often compared to U.S. cities such as Seattle and Portland due to its climate and culture, Wellington has all of the charm of a smaller European city with the beauty of New Zealand’s flora and fauna. True to the island spirit, Wellington’s residents take advantage of the close access to the sea – almost all of the city’s population lives within 2 miles of the coastline. Come study abroad with API in Wellington!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program