- Wellington, New Zealand
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
API's summer program with Massey University gives students a study tour and internship opportunity, truly a unique experience for any student planning a summer abroad. The summer program has four different tracks, each starting with a two-week study tour to explore in-depth the material in the field throughout New Zealand. The program finishes with a for-credit, four-week internship back in Wellington for students to dive deeply into their given track:
Communication and Marketing for Journalism, Media Studies, Public Relations, Advertising, Marketing, and Communications Majors
Agriculture and Environment – Agribusiness, Agriculture, Environmental Science, and Wildlife Management Majors.
Creative Expression and Digital Media for Theatre, Scriptwriting, Creative Writing, Publishing, Media Studies, and Digital Media Production Majors
Disaster Risk and Emergency Management for Emergency Management, Public Safety, Engineering, Urban and Regional Planning, Public Policy, Sociology, Geography, and Health Science Majors
You’ll travel through some of the planet’s most spectacular scenery, immerse yourself in Kiwi culture, and see parts of New Zealand open only to locals, all while earning half a semester’s worth of credit toward your degree.
- Setting Description:
- Wellington (population 450,000), is located on the southern tip of the North Island and is New Zealand’s capital city. Considered New Zealand’s cultural heart, Wellington features many museums, live music venues, theaters, and art festivals. Wellington is also a leading center for creative industries such as film and computer technologies. Often compared to U.S. cities such as Seattle and Portland due to its climate and culture, Wellington has all of the charm of a smaller European city with the beauty of New Zealand’s flora and fauna. True to the island spirit, Wellington’s residents take advantage of the close access to the sea – almost all of the city’s population lives within 2 miles of the coastline. Come study abroad with API in Wellington!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Must be actively pursuing a degree in related major *Some courses require completion of two classes at the junior level in a related major
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program