- Valparaiso, Chile
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Calling all business students! Study abroad in API's Valparaiso Business Internship Program and complete a credit-bearing internship with a complementary classroom component. Students who wish to complete an additional academic course may do so if time permits for an additional fee.
Students with an advanced Spanish level are eligible to complete a credit-bearing internship in the field of business. The program is designed for students interested in business administration, family, and small business management, marketing, tourism, and entrepreneurship. The internship represents a total of 90 work hours and students will complete a complementary course alongside the internship to orient them to the economic and business environment of Chile.
Students who select the internship option may enroll in one or two additional courses during the summer session, selecting from advanced language courses, an English-taught elective, or a Spanish-taught elective.
- Setting Description:
- Built upon dozens of steep hillsides overlooking the Pacific Ocean, Valparaíso boasts a labyrinth of streets and cobblestone alleyways, embodying a rich architectural and cultural legacy. Nicknamed “The Jewel of the Pacific”, Valparaíso was declared a UNESCO world heritage site based upon its improvised urban design and unique architecture. Founded in 1536, Valparaíso is not only one of Chile’s most important port cities, it is also its third largest city. Valparaíso remains a source of inspiration for artists of all types, including the well-known Chilean poet, Pablo Neruda. Students can visit Neruda’s seaside home in Valparaíso, as well as the Chilean Congress. Offering strikingly beautiful views from the top of its numerous hills, it is reminiscent of San Francisco. Valparaíso, or Valpo for short, is a city where students can amble away an afternoon exploring its steep and winding streets, peppered with colored houses and electric lines, and admire the sparkling Pacific Ocean below.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 3.0 GPA *Open to rising sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Advanced level of Spanish language proficiency required
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program