Students who elect to study abroad in Tuscania with API at Lorenzo de’ Medici – may take 1 or 2 courses for 3-6 credits per four-week term; alternatively, they may elect to pursue a 6-credit workshop course. Wide variety of coursework available.
- Tuscania, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
- API students at Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute (LdM) – Tuscania may participate in 1 of 2 different academic programs: ONE ELECTIVE PROGRAM 3 CREDIT HOURS PER SUMMER SESSION Students may choose any one course from the course offerings. TWO ELECTIVE PROGRAM 6 CREDIT HOURS PER SUMMER SESSION Students may choose any two courses from the course offerings. API students in Tuscania attend courses at the Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute (LdM) – Tuscania. Italian language courses are taught at all levels (beginning through advanced), while most other courses are taught in English. Students who choose intermediate level Italian or higher take a placement exam upon arrival to verify their level of proficiency. The program fee depends on whether a student elects to take 3 or 6 semester credits. SUMMER WORKSHOPS LdM offers a variety of studio workshops during the summer. These workshops provide students with the opportunity to work on-location and involve fi eld work as well as theoretical lectures. Each workshop, based in Tuscania, focuses on a particular discipline and includes fi eld study. The workshops are of 4-week duration and are equivalent to 6 U.S. semester credits. Workshop participants may not be able to attend all API excursions due to required course travel. Students are not reimbursed for any missed API excursions. Visit the API website for complete workshop information. Workshop information is listed in the summer course schedules. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- Tuscania is a small, idyllic Italian town located ninety minutes north of Rome on the border of Lazio and Tuscany. Tuscania has been admired for centuries for its picturesque setting, fine culture and foods, medieval walls, and cobblestoned streets. Surrounded by medieval walls and guard towers, Tuscania provides endless opportunities for authentic cultural immersion. Some of the most beautiful churches in Italy are in Tuscania, including the stunning San Pietro and the magnificent Santa Maria Maggiore. Tuscania is an ideal combination between the present and past. It is not uncommon to find a medieval section of wall in the wine cellar of a modern restaurant or an Etruscan tomb used as the basement storage area of an apartment. The strong connection of the locals to their traditions, history and folklore greatly influences the unique nature of the town.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program