API invites students to discover the essence of Italy while studying and living in beautiful and historic Tuscania.
- Tuscania, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Students complete four to five courses and receive 12-16 credit hours per semester, or approximately 3 credits per course. Students may choose from courses in the arts, humanities, culinary field, or Italian language. There are also semester-long certificate programs in archeology that allow students to participate on a live Etruscan dig site! Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- Tuscania is a small, idyllic Italian town located ninety minutes north of Rome on the border of Lazio and Tuscany. Tuscania has been admired for centuries for its picturesque setting, fine culture and foods, medieval walls, and cobblestoned streets. Surrounded by medieval walls and guard towers, Tuscania provides endless opportunities for authentic cultural immersion. Some of the most beautiful churches in Italy are in Tuscania, including the stunning San Pietro and the magnificent Santa Maria Maggiore. Tuscania is an ideal combination between the present and past. It is not uncommon to find a medieval section of wall in the wine cellar of a modern restaurant or an Etruscan tomb used as the basement storage area of an apartment. The strong connection of the locals to their traditions, history and folklore greatly influences the unique nature of the town.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program