- Nizza Di Sicilia, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The Syracuse Academy is an international school specialized in study abroad programs for college students in Sicily, with a focus on ancient and contemporary Mediterranean Studies. With over 30 years experience as an educational center, Syracuse Academy offers the ideal environment for hands on field studies: it is located in the city center of Syracuse, next to the world famous archaeological park and museum.
Students are offered the opportunity to spend the summer in Syracuse. Students can specialize in liberal arts, humanities, social sciences including immigration studies, and STEM field studies courses such as Marine Biology, Mediterranean Ecosystems, Volcanology. All courses are offered in English.
- Setting Description:
- The city of Syracuse was founded in 733 BC and grew to be one of the most prominent cities of the ancient Mediterranean world. This historical and cultural wealth is complemented by a warm Mediterranean climate, and a beautiful coastal location in South-Eastern Sicily, rich in UNESCO world heritage sites.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.