This program is ideal for students who want to study a broad range of courses focusing on Spanish language and culture.
- Sevilla, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
- Designed for advanced and superior level Spanish speakers, the Spanish Language and Humanities Program requires that students have completed at 3-4 semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent for admission. Students take 4-5 courses per semester, for a total of 12-15 credits. This program is ideal for students who want to study a broad range of courses focusing on Spanish language and culture. It is a very beneficial program for Spanish majors and minors. All classes are equivalent to three U.S. semester credits. Students with 3-4 semesters of college-level Spanish take the advanced level classes. Students with five or more semesters of college-level Spanish enroll in the high advanced level classes. High advanced students also have the option of enrolling in courses with Spaniards. Pre-Departure Services: Advising, @api Online Resources, Orientation Materials and Support, Mobile Phone, Peer Mentors, Social Networking, Scholarships On-Site Services: Airport Reception, Resident Directors and Staff, API Center, Housing (including meals and laundry with host families), Tuition, Tutoring, Language and Culture Tools, Medical and Life Insurance, Excursions (overnight and international), Social and Cultural Activities, Welcome and Farewell Group Meals, Volunteer Opportunities Re-Entry Services: Re-Entry Materials and Support, Post-Program Evaluation, Transcript, Alumni Network and Development Opportunities
- Setting Description:
- Seville, capital of Andalusia and Spain’s 4th largest city, is located between the Sierra Morena mountains and the Atlantic Ocean. Enjoying culture from the Romans, Visigoths, Muslims, Jews and Christians throughout the ages, and serving as the focal point of the Spanish Renaissance, Seville is rich in history and tradition. When visiting Seville one can experience the city as it was centuries ago. The lovely winding streets and active public squares of the Barrio Santa Cruz allow the visitor insight into the oldest portion of the city, and the list of monuments and historic sites is seemingly endless. The Tower of Gold once served as landmark for arriving ships and Seville’s amazing Cathedral houses the tomb of Christopher Columbus. The 12th century Moorish palace, the Alcázar, is the oldest palace-fortress still in use by European royalty.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to advanced and superior level Spanish speakers who have completed three to four semesters of college-level Spanish or the equivalent
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program