- Valparaiso, Chile
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The Business and Latin American Studies Program at the Universidad Adolfo Ibáñez is open to students at all Spanish levels. Students have the opportunity to complete Spanish language courses along with business, Chilean culture, and Latin American studies courses in English or Spanish. Students with an advanced level of Spanish are welcome to select integrated courses with Chilean students from the standard university course offerings. Courses with Chilean students are available in business administration, engineering, journalism and psychology, as well as other areas of liberal arts and the social sciences. Students who elect to complete courses with Chilean students will need to stay several extra weeks in Chile due to a more extensive exam period and will be assessed an additional fee for extending their housing.
During the orientation period on-site, all students complete a language placement test to determine their Spanish level.
- Setting Description:
- Santiago, both the capital and largest city in Chile, bustles with activity and is home to more than a third of the nation’s inhabitants. Despite its large size, Santiago’s extensive public transport system, including an underground subway, makes it an easy city to navigate. Founded in 1541, the city is nestled in a plain between the Andes Mountains. It is the country’s political, cultural and economic center and boasts all of the corresponding attractions. Students will enjoy its incredible views, where the city’s skyscrapers and surrounding mountains can be admired from afar, as well as its museums, historic sites, shopping centers and restaurants.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 GPA *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to students at all levels of Spanish language highly recommended
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program