- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
This program is designed for students interested studying abroad in Rome who wish to take courses from the STEM fields (science, technology, engineering, mathematics). It offers a unique educational opportunity: rigorous science courses taught in collaboration with prestigious Italian institutions offering state-of-the-art teaching and research laboratories. The core of the program is a required course on Italy’s Contribution to Modern Science. Students combine this course with a selection of varied STEM-area courses as well as courses from other disciplines including liberal arts, business, arts, and more!
Pre-med, pre-nursing, or pre-health students (sophomores and up) have the opportunity to participate in a credit-bearing internship at a local Rome hospital.
- Setting Description:
- The capital of Italy, Rome has always been a cultural and political stronghold and crossroads for people from across the globe. The glorious history of the eternal city can be seen in the form of artwork, exquisite monuments, museums, churches and architecture. One of the grandest sites in Rome is the great Colosseum, which remains an architectural feat in the eyes of modern engineers and has recently been named one of the “Seven Wonders of the Modern World.” The Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and the Basilica of St. Peter are ever-present reminders of the Catholic Church’s historical and religious influence. Rome is also full of picturesque piazzas and famous fountains. Here, Romans and visitors alike can step out of the hustle and bustle of modern Rome and enjoy people-watching over a café. For those looking to study in a cosmopolitan city rich with history, art, architecture and diverse people from around the globe, Rome beckons!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Based on 1 Reviews
- AMAZING01/08/19Absolutely amazing experience! I was able to fill all of my major requirements and gain lab experience!Bottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend