- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute (LdM) has been welcoming students at its Florence campus for over 30 years, and has expanded its expertise and curriculum into Rome. The newly renovated and redesigned LdM Rome facilities are conveniently located in the historic center of Rome. Many of Rome’s most famous sites such as the Trevi Fountain and the Spanish Steps are within walking distance. A variety of courses are available in Italian language, liberal arts, studio arts, and social sciences.
This program is designed for students interested studying abroad in Rome who wish to select courses from a wide variety of disciplines with less emphasis on Italian language. All students must take at least one Italian language course per semester. Italian language courses are taught at all levels (beginning through advanced), while most other courses are taught in English.
- Setting Description:
- The capital of Italy, Rome has always been a cultural and political stronghold and crossroads for people from across the globe. The glorious history of the eternal city can be seen in the form of artwork, exquisite monuments, museums, churches and architecture. One of the grandest sites in Rome is the great Colosseum, which remains an architectural feat in the eyes of modern engineers and has recently been named one of the “Seven Wonders of the Modern World.” The Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and the Basilica of St. Peter are ever-present reminders of the Catholic Church’s historical and religious influence. Rome is also full of picturesque piazzas and famous fountains. Here, Romans and visitors alike can step out of the hustle and bustle of modern Rome and enjoy people-watching over a café. For those looking to study in a cosmopolitan city rich with history, art, architecture and diverse people from around the globe, Rome beckons!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.8 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.