Students take 1-2 courses and receive 3-6 credit hours per semester session. Students also have the option to pursue a creative writing track, or a communications track during the summer sessions.
- Rome, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
API students at JCU take 1-2 courses and receive 3-6 credit hours per semester session, or approximately 3 credits per course. The program fee for one course includes a maximum of 3-4 credits per summer session. The program fee for two courses includes a maximum of 6 credits per summer session. Italian language courses are taught at all levels (beginning through advanced) and are taught in Italian. Most other courses are taught in English. Students also have the option to pursue a creative writing track, or a communications track during the summer sessions.
- Setting Description:
- The capital of Italy, Rome has always been a cultural and political stronghold and crossroads for people from across the globe. The glorious history of the eternal city can be seen in the form of artwork, exquisite monuments, museums, churches and architecture. One of the grandest sites in Rome is the great Colosseum, which remains an architectural feat in the eyes of modern engineers and has recently been named one of the “Seven Wonders of the Modern World.” The Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s Square and the Basilica of St. Peter are ever-present reminders of the Catholic Church’s historical and religious influence. Rome is also full of picturesque piazzas and famous fountains. Here, Romans and visitors alike can step out of the hustle and bustle of modern Rome and enjoy people-watching over a caffé. For those looking to study in a cosmopolitan city rich with history, art, architecture and diverse people from around the globe, Rome beckons!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.7 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student. API also offers a Diversity Scholarship and Early Bird scholarship opportunities for this program. Please see API website for details!