- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Teach Abroad
- Degree Level:
- 4-6 months, 1 year
- Teach Abroad:
- Placement Audience:
- 0-6 years old, 6-12 years old, 12-15 years old, 15-18 years old, Adults
- Program Description:
Designed for students who wish to take their courses with French students, these programs allow students to select their courses from one of two French universities. All students also complete one course taught by the API Resident Director at the API Paris Center each semester. Interested students may also choose to complete a teaching internship for an additional fee.
Located within the 13th arrondissement of Paris that is known by Parisians as the Rive Gauche, Paris Diderot is an ideal university to study and immerse oneself in the local culture. Students can select from courses in French language, the humanities, and social sciences. All courses are taken with French students and taught in French. To prepare for the immersion experience, students complete preparatory program or “stage” aimed at introducing visiting students to the French academic system and the campus.
- Setting Description:
- Paris is well known as one of the most intellectual and intriguing cities in the world. The city maintains its status as the premier city in France and a leader in politics, art and fashion; every section of the city has its own unique charm and makes Paris a city like no other. For the history lover, the tour should begin in the heart of old Paris, the Ile de la Cité, which lies in the middle of the Seine River. Here one can explore the Cathédrale de Notre-Dame de Paris, the Palais de Justice and a hidden jewel, Sainte Chapelle. For the art lover, the city holds countless museums, all boasting incredible collections. Some of the most popular include the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Musée Rodin and Centre Georges Pompidou. Tucked away in the city’s twenty arrondissements, or districts, are many more amazing sights and sounds waiting to be discovered.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to juniors and seniors *Open to advanced/superior French speakers *Special requirement - French CV/Cover Letter
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program