- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
A leader in art and design education since its founding in 1896, Parsons has cultivated outstanding artists, designers, scholars, businesspeople, and community leaders for more than a century. Parsons has had a presence in Paris since 1921.
Students enrolled at Parsons Paris develop creative and critical thinking skills and apply them to challenges including environmental and economic sustainability and social concerns. Parsons’ network of interconnected design laboratories enables students to explore global phenomena at a number of sites and scales of engagement in on-campus research and initiatives with international partners that focus on urban life in Paris, New York, and elsewhere.
Located in one of the most vibrant creative economies in the world, the program takes full advantage of Paris, offering extraordinary educational, cultural, and professional opportunities for the growing number of students who seek a range of experience in art, design, media, technology, and culture.
Summer 1 (3-6 semester credits):
- Students will take approximately 3-6 hours of class per day. Seminar Courses are held in the morning from approximately 9am-12pm or in the afternoon from approximately 1pm-4pm. Studio Courses are full day. No pre-requisites required.
Summer 2 (3 semester credits):
- Students will take 6 hours of class per day. Courses are offered from approximately 9am-4pm. Students will choose ONE course to complete during the three week program. No pre-requisites required.
Additional Program Information:
- Meals are not included. Students will be provided with information about affordable local options for meals near the Parsons building upon arrival in Paris.
- Students are met at the Charles de Gaulle airport by on-site staff on the program start date. Students receive detailed flight instructions upon their acceptance into the program and should wait to purchase a flight until receiving more information post-acceptance.
- Setting Description:
- Paris is well known as one of the most intellectual and intriguing cities in the world. The city maintains its status as the premier city in France and a leader in politics, art and fashion; every section of the city has its own unique charm and makes Paris a city like no other. For the history lover, the tour should begin in the heart of old Paris, the Ile de la Cité, which lies in the middle of the Seine River. Here one can explore the Cathédrale de Notre-Dame de Paris, the Palais de Justice and a hidden jewel, Sainte Chapelle. For the art lover, the city holds countless museums, all boasting incredible collections. Some of the most popular include the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Musée Rodin and Centre Georges Pompidou. Tucked away in the city’s twenty arrondissements, or districts, are many more amazing sights and sounds waiting to be discovered.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. Open to undergraduates, graduates, and adult learners Ages: 19+ or 18 with one year of college Non-native English speakers must provide TOEFL scores of 79 or above or IELTS scores of 6.5 or above to show proof of English proficiency
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program