- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Teach Abroad
- Degree Level:
- 4-6 months, 1 year
- Teach Abroad:
- Placement Audience:
- 0-6 years old, 6-12 years old, 12-15 years old, 15-18 years old, Adults
- Program Description:
Founded in 1948, the ILCF (Institut de Langue et de Cultures Françaises) is a department within the Institut Catholique de Paris. Courses are available in French and in English at the ILCF. The ILCF welcomes more than 2,000 foreign students each year, representing more than 60 different nationalities.
- All students with 4 semesters of college level French (equivalent to the intermediate level) or more are able to participate in the teaching internship for an additional 3 credits. Spaces are limited and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. An additional fee is charged for the internship.
A French Experience: Internship (3)
- Students teach English in a French collège or lycée. This is a unique experience for API students in Paris to get to know Parisians and Parisian life from the inside, not only through the teenagers in the classes students teach, but also from the teachers that students assist.
- Students teach English two to three hours a week in a Parisian collège (junior high school) or lycée (high school). Classes are generally conversational courses for French pupils. The regular professor asks the student what is to be taught and helps students prepare for class.
- Students are asked to keep a journal where all course plans and weekly evaluations are registered (one page per class, per course taught). Students also have to write a final internship report (in French) analyzing the French teaching system and their perception of French society through their own teaching experience.
- Upon successful completion students earn 3 semester credits.
- Setting Description:
- Paris is well known as one of the most intellectual and intriguing cities in the world. The city maintains its status as the premier city in France and a leader in politics, art and fashion; every section of the city has its own unique charm and makes Paris a city like no other. For the history lover, the tour should begin in the heart of old Paris, the Ile de la Cité, which lies in the middle of the Seine River. Here one can explore the Cathédrale de Notre-Dame de Paris, the Palais de Justice and a hidden jewel, Sainte Chapelle. For the art lover, the city holds countless museums, all boasting incredible collections. Some of the most popular include the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Musée Rodin and Centre Georges Pompidou. Tucked away in the city’s twenty arrondissements, or districts, are many more amazing sights and sounds waiting to be discovered.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors Open to students with 4 semesters of college level French (equivalent to the intermediate level) or more
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program