- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Intensive Language
- Degree Level:
- 1-3 months
- Program Description:
API students have several options for study in Paris. Founded in 1948, the ILCF (Institut de Langue et de Cultures Françaises) is a department within the Institut Catholique de Paris. Courses are available in French and in English at the ILCF. The ILCF welcomes more than 2,000 foreign students each year, representing more than 60 different nationalities.
The intensive month session provides a general overview of French language study for all levels for those who wish to study abroad in Paris for a January term. Students attend French language classes as well as 2 workshops in oral French, phonetics, written French, and/or grammar, according to their level and ability. Overnight excursions are not included in the cost of the intensive month session but can be added for an extra fee when available.
This program is for students at all levels. Classes are taught at the beginning, intermediate, and advanced levels. A student’s French level is based on a placement test administered by the ICP.
Intensive month students take 21 hours per week of class: 15 hours of French language, plus 2 workshops in oral and written French.
The January Intensive Session is 4 weeks long for 80 contact hours, or 5-6 U.S. semester credits.
THE INTENSIVE MONTH SESSION CAN ALSO BE ADDED TO THE SPRING SEMESTER PROGRAM, PROVIDING AN EXCELLENT MEANS BY WHICH TO IMPROVE FRENCH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY PRIOR TO STARTING SEMESTER STUDIES.
- Setting Description:
- Paris is well known as one of the most intellectual and intriguing cities in the world. The city maintains its status as the premier city in France and a leader in politics, art and fashion; every section of the city has its own unique charm and makes Paris a city like no other. For the history lover, the tour should begin in the heart of old Paris, the Ile de la Cité, which lies in the middle of the Seine River. Here one can explore the Cathédrale de Notre-Dame de Paris, the Palais de Justice and a hidden jewel, Sainte Chapelle. For the art lover, the city holds countless museums, all boasting incredible collections. Some of the most popular include the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Musée Rodin and Centre Georges Pompidou. Tucked away in the city’s twenty arrondissements, or districts, are many more amazing sights and sounds waiting to be discovered.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of French speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program