- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Founded in 1948, the ILCF (Institut de Langue et de Cultures Françaises) is a department within the Institut Catholique de Paris. Courses are available in French and in English at the ILCF. The ILCF welcomes more than 2,000 foreign students each year, representing more than 60 different nationalities.
Students take 21 hours of class per week. During the June session, coursework will be comprised exclusively of French language study in the mornings from 9am – 12pm Monday through Friday, as well as, in the afternoons on Tuesdays and Thursdays. During the July session, students will have French language study in the mornings Monday through Friday (18 hours per week), along with phonetics classes on Tuesday and Thursday afternoons (3 hours per week).
Cultural topics are covered within the language courses, making this a well-rounded language program. Students complete a total of 84 contact hours for the summer session.
- Setting Description:
- Paris is well known as one of the most intellectual and intriguing cities in the world. The city maintains its status as the premier city in France and a leader in politics, art and fashion; every section of the city has its own unique charm and makes Paris a city like no other. For the history lover, the tour should begin in the heart of old Paris, the Ile de la Cité, which lies in the middle of the Seine River. Here one can explore the Cathédrale de Notre-Dame de Paris, the Palais de Justice and a hidden jewel, Sainte Chapelle. For the art lover, the city holds countless museums, all boasting incredible collections. Some of the most popular include the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Musée Rodin and Centre Georges Pompidou. Tucked away in the city’s twenty arrondissements, or districts, are many more amazing sights and sounds waiting to be discovered.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of French speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program