- Paris, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Students in this program select a combination of French language and cultural electives, and have the option of taking cultural electives in English. The Institut Catholique de Paris (ICP) follows the European Framework for their language levels, dividing students into the following: A1-1, A1-2, A2-1, A2-2, B1-1, B1-2, B2-1 and B2-2.
BEGINNING LEVEL OPTIONS (A1-1 – A1-2)
Students at the beginning language levels are required to take 12-15 contact hours of French language per week. All students who take 12 contact hours of French language per week may add a cultural elective course. A1.1 level students may choose to take this elective in English (or add additional French language instruction), while A1.2 level students may choose to take their 1 cultural elective in English or French.
INTERMEDIATE AND ABOVE LEVEL OPTIONS (A2-1 AND ABOVE)
Students at all other language levels typically take 9-15 contact hours of French language and culture courses per week. Depending on how many contact hours of French language and culture a student takes, they may be able to take 1 or 2 cultural electives (offered in English). Students at the high-intermediate language level (B1-1) and above also have the option of earning an additional three credits each semester if they complete an elective course taught exclusively for API students. Students generally take this course in place of one of the cultural courses at the ICP. An additional fee may be charged for participation in the API course (whether taken in place of or in addition to a regular elective course).
- Setting Description:
- Paris is well known as one of the most intellectual and intriguing cities in the world. The city maintains its status as the premier city in France and a leader in politics, art and fashion; every section of the city has its own unique charm and makes Paris a city like no other. For the history lover, the tour should begin in the heart of old Paris, the Ile de la Cité, which lies in the middle of the Seine River. Here one can explore the Cathédrale de Notre-Dame de Paris, the Palais de Justice and a hidden jewel, Sainte Chapelle. For the art lover, the city holds countless museums, all boasting incredible collections. Some of the most popular include the Louvre, Musée d’Orsay, Musée Rodin and Centre Georges Pompidou. Tucked away in the city’s twenty arrondissements, or districts, are many more amazing sights and sounds waiting to be discovered.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of French speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program