- Mendoza, Argentina
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
The Universidad de Congresso offers a menu of classes in both Spanish and English that enable students to develop a closer understanding of the region, of Argentina and Latin America while they study abroad in Mendoza, Argentina. Courses related to language, culture, the society, economics and politics, as well as community service options enable students to spend an enjoyable semester exploring Argentina both inside the classroom and out. Family stays, community service opportunities and excursions round out the experience.
Students electing to study abroad in Mendoza through API’s Society, Development and Spanish Language Program will have the option of completing Spanish language coursework in combination with elective courses in English related to Argentine culture and society, economics and politics. Advanced-level Spanish speakers have the option to complete coursework in Spanish alongside their Argentine peers. Community service and volunteer options are also available.
- Setting Description:
- Mendoza, located in western Argentina, is one of the most beautiful cities in South America. Nestled in the foothills of the majestic Andes this vibrant city is home to over 1 million inhabitants. Mendoza’s excellent restaurants and night life, beautiful parks, and important cultural activities with both public and private universities, museums, a major symphony, and many art galleries create a welcoming alternative to the more hectic pace of Buenos Aires, and is the choice of many who want to enjoy the people-friendly atmosphere of a less overwhelming metropolitan setting. Skiers, mountaineers, bikers, rafters, trekkers and hikers will all feel right at home. Adventure tourism is a major industry in Mendoza, as is mountain rescue training. Mendoza is brimming with young European travelers looking to experience the beautiful Andes and all the opportunities for adventure that are available.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program