- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Suffolk University is an accredited American university based in Boston, with a branch campus located in the active university area of Madrid. Most courses offered at Suffolk University’s Madrid campus are taught in English with the exception of the Spanish language courses. Advanced level students may take courses with native Spanish speakers at the University CEU San Pablo.
This program is designed for students who wish to study primarily in English, while still having the option of taking some courses in Spanish. Students choose 3-5 courses per semester. Most classes are equivalent to four semester credits, unless otherwise noted. In addition to their classes at Suffolk University, students have the opportunity to enroll in classes with Spanish students at the neighboring Spanish University CEU San Pablo. Internships are also available.
- Setting Description:
- Spain’s capital since 1561, Madrid is the contemporary capital of Spanish culture, finance, and industry. A large, international and cosmopolitan city, Madrid is a city of possibilities. It boasts incredible monuments and museums, including the Museo del Prado, Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and the Museo de la Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando. Visitors cannot miss the Iglesia de San Isidro, once the cathedral of Madrid, or the Palacio Real. Madrid is also known for its fountains and elaborate parks, including the glorious Parque del Retiro. The energy of Madrid is in its street life and warm people. To study in Madrid is to experience more than a classroom – it is to experience the history of Spain and its people. API gives students the chance to live and learn in this fast-paced capital city.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open all levels of Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program