- Madrid, Spain
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
API students study Spanish language and culture and/or take classes in business or humanities at the Antonio de Nebrija University. The university was named for a great humanist and the first grammarian of the Spanish language. Since 1985, Antonio de Nebrija University has been hosting international students in its ‘Centro de Estudios Hispanicos Antonio de Nebrija.
Advanced/superior level students may take up to 5 courses with Spaniards at the main campus or another campus located on the outskirts of Madrid. Students should pay careful attention to which campus courses are taught at when making their course selections, as this could affect scheduling and availability. Campus Dehesa de la Villa is within the city of Madrid, while Campus de Berzosa in on the outskirts of Madrid. The fall semester begins with an intensive two-week Spanish language course for 3 semester credits. Students then choose four additional classes for a total of from 12-18 semester credits for the fall term.
- Setting Description:
- Spain’s capital since 1561, Madrid is the contemporary capital of Spanish culture, finance, and industry. A large, international and cosmopolitan city, Madrid is a city of possibilities. It boasts incredible monuments and museums, including the Museo del Prado, Museo Nacional Centro de Arte Reina Sofía, the Thyssen-Bornemisza Museum and the Museo de la Real Academia de Bellas Artes de San Fernando. Visitors cannot miss the Iglesia de San Isidro, once the cathedral of Madrid, or the Palacio Real. Madrid is also known for its fountains and elaborate parks, including the glorious Parque del Retiro. The energy of Madrid is in its street life and warm people. To study in Madrid is to experience more than a classroom – it is to experience the history of Spain and its people. API gives students the chance to live and learn in this fast-paced capital city.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *2.5 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to advanced and superior-level Spanish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program