- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester, Winter Semester
- Program Description:
University of the Arts London (UAL) is a collegiate university comprising 6 internationally renowned colleges of art, design, communications, fashion and the performing arts, and as such is the largest provider of higher level education in the arts in Europe. All the colleges are located in London and each college is at the heart of their respective communities. Drawing on and contributing to the local culture, they foster closely-knit and welcoming environments in which to study, supported by all the resources of the larger University and the wider arts community. Also - check out UAL's unique scholarship opportunities!
There are two main options for study abroad in London at UAL as follows:
---TOTAL CREDIT HOURS 40 UAL credits per term (12 semester credits)
Students enroll directly alongside local undergraduate students who are full-time, degree-seeking students. Students are required to work more independently than they may be accustomed to at their home institution. While teaching is not conducted in a traditional U.S. lecture-based class setting, students receive guidance from faculty and are helped to identify the resources they need to reach course goals. Course content is delivered in a variety of ways, including individual and group tutorials, projects, seminars, lectures, and museum, gallery and studio visits.
Integrated “Plus” Program – For Studio Art Majors
Central Saint Martins also offers an Integrated “Plus” model, which gives study abroad students the ability to enroll in a Fine Arts track with local students, while also receiving additional support and instruction, participating in special projects, and experiencing customized visits aimed at helping these students get the most out of their integrated experience.
Semester Study Abroad Programs
---TOTAL CREDIT HOURS 12 – 16 U.S. credits per semester.
These programs are usually 40% integrated with local students, and 60% tailored to study abroad students (the proportions may change with some exceptions). The teaching is generally more structured and there is more faculty support than in the integrated programs.
- Setting Description:
- London, an international center of business, fine arts, design, theater, technology, politics and finance, has inspired creativity and cutting-edge innovation for centuries - London is alive with sources of inspiration.
- Please see API website USD. Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Must have completed at least one year in major of desired field of study
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student. Special API-UAL scholarships available!
Based on 1 Reviews
- Amazing experience04/07/20
I studied abroad with API during the fall 2009 semester and my experience still positively impacts my life 10 years later! I loved all the things that were included in the program, such as the excursions and cultural events, and I felt truly supported
by the API staff both in the US and abroad. While in London, API gave me the opportunity to grow more independent and confident and I developed a love of travel. I am still great friends with many people I met while abroad. I highly recommend every student study abroad!read moreBottom Line:Yes, I would recommend this to a friend