- London, United Kingdom
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
The internationally renowned LSE summer school offers an extensive range of courses in accounting and finance, economics, international studies, law and management, taught by the same leading LSE faculty who lead the academic year programs. It allows students an insight into the leading-edge thinking in each discipline. Courses are academically challenging and intellectually stimulating, as they are condensed versions of the courses offered during the semester. It is the largest summer school program in the U.K., with over 3,500 participants representing more than 120 countries. There is also a significant professional representation in the courses and students may find that they have representatives from the United Nations, the European Commission and leading international banks in their classes. The faculty are all experts in their fields and are actively involved in academic research and many act as advisors and consultants to companies and government bodies. Students can choose from over 60 courses among the following disciplines at LSE: Accounting and Finance Economics International Relations, Government, and Society Law Management
- Setting Description:
- London, an international center of business, fine arts, design, theater, technology, politics and finance, has inspired creativity and cutting-edge innovation for centuries. There is something for everyone in London: a bustling financial district, street markets, green spaces and elaborate parks, ruins, monuments, political machinations, art galleries and museums. Monuments to Britain’s glorious past are found throughout London, including the Tower of London, the Old Royal Observatory in Greenwich, the British Museum, and Trafalgar Square. Because of its famed galleries, the energy of Soho, the history that lives in the streets, the pub scene and the tranquility of London’s parks, London is alive with sources of inspiration.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 3.0 G.P.A. (students applying to 200/300 level classes may require a higher G.P.A.) *Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.