- Lisbon, Portugal
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Academic Year, Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Study abroad in one of Europe’s most beautiful and historically important capital cities — Lisbon, Portugal! CNN recently reported that Lisbon might be “Europe’s coolest city” and, in 2012, Lisbon was named European City of the Year. In 2014, the nearby city of Porto, was named the European Destination of the Year. Lisbon has it all! As the capital of Portugal, Lisbon is packed with unparalleled, unique cultural and historic sites. It has a vibrant arts and music scene, great food, exceptional nightlife, award-winning beaches and, best of all, it is ranked as one of the most affordable and safest of European cities.
Students who choose to study abroad in Lisbon with API complete courses offered in English in international business, international relations, and Portuguese history and culture at the University Institute of Lisbon (ISCTE). Portuguese language courses are also available through the New University of Lisbon (NOVA).
- Setting Description:
- Lisbon has many personalities — though steeped in Old-World tradition, the city is also known for cutting edge fashion and design. Once the hub of a bygone global empire that stretched across four continents, Lisbon has a flavor all its own, influenced by former colonies in Africa, Brazil, India, China, the Persian Gulf and the Indonesian spice islands.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors and seniors *Open to all levels of Portuguese speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program