- Limerick, Ireland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
API students have several options for summer study abroad in Limerick, including business and Irish studies. The available tracks are taught at the 300 level, and combine academic rigor with opportunities to experience contemporary life in Ireland and view some spectacular scenery. Course Information The following academic tracks are available during the summer term in Limerick: Irish Studies 3 credits in 3 weeks Business 3 credits in 3 weeks.
API students attend the University of Limerick (UL), established in 1972. The university has gained a reputation among Irish schools for excellence in academics, innovation and course organization. A wide range of courses is available, including Arts and Humanities, Sciences, Economics and Technology. The university houses the renowned Irish Chamber Orchestra and the Irish World Music Centre. Students have free access to excellent university sports facilities (the largest indoor sports complex in Ireland), as well as the opportunity to join university clubs. The university supports over 70 social and athletic clubs that provide wonderful opportunities to get to know local students. Students are housed in on-campus student villages with both foreign and Irish students. These opportunities allow API students to truly integrate as a part of the UL campus during their stay.
- Setting Description:
- Limerick City is located in County Limerick and is the capital of the Shannon region. The city was founded by the Vikings in the 10th century, making it the oldest chartered city in Ireland. Cultural opportunities abound in music, art, history and dining. Students of music can find the Irish World Music Centre housed at the University of Limerick. Art and history students can explore King John’s Castle and the internationally important Hunt Museum. Limerick is also known as “Sports City,” with excellent sports facilities and plenty of opportunities to participate in and watch Irish sporting events. Located two and a half hours west of Dublin, Limerick is well-situated for exploring other parts of the country. The beautiful west coast of the country, Mountshannon, the Burren and the Cliffs of Moher are all easily accessible.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program