- Krakow, Poland
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Students complete their courses at the Jagiellonian University of Krakow. Founded in 1364 by King Kazimierz the Great, it is Poland’s oldest university and one of the oldest in Central Europe. Students complete classes in English with visiting students in Jagiellonian’s Interdisciplinary Program. The university offers Polish language, civilization and culture classes. Students can also take up to two classes per semester with Polish students that are taught in English in American studies, business and communications, European studies, psychology, sociology and more. Whether students choose to focus on Polish studies or take classes in other disciplines, living and studying in Krakow provides an incredible education.
There are two tracks offered for the summer - an intensive language track and a non-intensive track. All students are required to take a Polish language course during the summer session. Language classes are taught in Polish and most culture courses are taught in English. Some culture courses are taught in Polish for advanced students. For the summer program, students can earn a total of 5-9 semester credits. All courses are taken with other American and international students.
- Setting Description:
- This former capital of Poland has always been famous for its beauty, charm and culture. With a student population of 150,000, the city has a youthful and energetic vibe. Young and old people alike stroll through the main market square throughout the day and evening. Krakow is unique in its beauty; unlike most Polish cities, Krakow’s structures survived WWII virtually undamaged. UNESCO has since included the city on it’s list of World Heritage Sites. St. Mary’s Church, with its dark blue ceiling lined with stars, and the Wawel Castle are two of the city’s most significant historical treasures. This lively and beautiful city is easily navigable either on foot or using the tram system. The friendly and welcoming people of Poland await students in Krakow!
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.75 G.P.A. *Open to freshmen (2nd semester), sophomores, juniors and seniors *Open to all levels of Polish speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program