- Grenoble, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Program Description:
Students may study abroad in Grenoble at the Centre Universitaire d’Études Françaises (CUEF) de l’Université Grenoble Alpes. The Université Grenoble Alpes was established in 1339 and is one of the oldest in Europe. The university is well known for its programs for foreigners learning French, and has welcomed foreign students from all over the world for over 100 years.
Students who wish to study abroad in Grenoble on API’s French Language and Culture Studies summer program will take approximately ten hours per week of language and ten hours per week of elective culture classes. Students may earn a maximum of 90 contact hours (6 semester credits) per summer term.
All students may choose two courses from the list of options. Options are subject to minimum enrollment. Level of study is based on a placement exam administered upon arrival by the CUEF. Attendance is required for all classes and has a major impact on the final grades and the number of contact hours and credits received.
- Setting Description:
- The setting of this alpine city is what truly makes it unique. For a panoramic view of the city and surrounding mountains, take a ride on the téléphérique, or cable car, to the Fort de la Bastille. From there, explore the hiking trails and the Grottes (caves) that were used as a defense many centuries ago. With a student population of 60,000, Grenoble is an ideal place to learn French. The slower pace of the city and the friendliness of the inhabitants make it easy to practice the language with locals. The city has several museums, numerous parks and plenty of opportunity for outdoor activities (skiing, hiking, biking). For the avid traveler, Grenoble is an excellent starting point for exploration, situated only three hours from Paris by high speed train and very close to Switzerland and Italy.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors Open to intermediate, advanced, and superior-level French speakers (minimum 2 semester of college-level language)
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program