- Grenoble, France
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Students may study abroad in Grenoble at the Centre Universitaire d’Études Françaises de l’Université Grenoble Alpes. The school was established in 1339 and is one of the oldest in Europe. The university is well known for its programs for foreigners learning French, and has welcomed foreign students from all over the world for over 100 years.
This intensive language program is available for students at all levels who wish to study abroad in Grenoble. All students complete a comprehensive French language course that focuses on writing, oral expression and pronunciation, grammar, and vocabulary. Students spend three hours a day in class and one hour a day in the language lab. This equates to twenty hours a week, as classes are taught Monday through Friday. There are typically a maximum of sixteen people in each class. Attendance is required for all classes, impacting both the number of contact hours/credits received and the final grades. Level of French study is based on a placement exam administered upon arrival by the CUEF.
- The Fall and Spring (Non-Extended Program) terms are a combination of three intensive month sessions.
- The Spring Extended Program term is a combination of four intensive month sessions.
- Setting Description:
- The setting of this alpine city is what truly makes it unique. For a panoramic view of the city and surrounding mountains, take a ride on the téléphérique, or cable car, to the Fort de la Bastille. From there, explore the hiking trails and the Grottes (caves) that were used as a defense many centuries ago. With a student population of 60,000, Grenoble is an ideal place to learn French. The slower pace of the city and the friendliness of the inhabitants make it easy to practice the language with locals. The city has several museums, numerous parks and plenty of opportunity for outdoor activities (skiing, hiking, biking). For the avid traveler, Grenoble is an excellent starting point for exploration, situated only three hours from Paris by high speed train and very close to Switzerland and Italy.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, and more!
Additional Program Information
- Minimum 2.5 G.P.A. Open to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors Open to all levels of French speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program