- Tuscania, Italy; Rome, Italy; Florence, Italy; Venice, Italy
- Program Type:
- Study Abroad
- Degree Level:
- Fall Semester, Spring Semester
- Program Description:
Students in the API 3 cities program spend one month each in three of Lorenzo de’ Medici – The Italian International Institute’s (LdM) four locations, and follow a structured program of five 3-credit courses, which together comprise a unique investigation into the roots of Western civilization. In the spring, the program finishes in Venice and in the fall, it finishes in Florence. Classes meet every day Monday through Thursday for two and a half hours each, providing a total of 45 contact hours per course.
TUSCANIA There are two mandatory 3-credit courses in the first center, Tuscania, including an Italian language course and an introduction to the ancient civilizations of the Greeks, Etruscans and Romans. There is also an optional, notfor-credit culinary course (offered for an additional fee).
ROME In the second city, Rome, students take one 3-credit course on the Medieval and Renaissance Transitions and a second 3-credit course in Italian Language and Culture, which they will continue in their third city (Florence or Venice).
FLORENCE In Florence, students choose one additional 3-credit course that gives them the opportunity to explore a late Renaissance fi gure and his/her links with modernity, and then continue with language instruction.
VENICE In Venice, students choose one additional 3-credit course, Venice and the East, which explores the city’s rich cultural and commercial ties with Asia, and then continue with language instruction.
- Setting Description:
- The 3 Cities program is the perfect option for the student who wants to experience as much of Italy as possible in one semester while discovering the roots of Western civilization and culture as it evolved through the great empires of antiquity. Western civilization is the end product of widely contrasting cultures that evolved over hundreds of years. With the Renaissance it became possible to unite the strands of these cultures in a new and exciting synthesis that prepared the way for the birth of the modern world. This semester-long study abroad experience allows students to retrace the steps of Greek, Etruscan, Roman, Medieval and Renaissance cultures by living and studying in three cities that embody these civilizations in all their richness and splendor: Tuscania, Rome and either Florence or Venice.
- Pre-departure, On-site, and Re-entry services included, such as advising and online resources, airport reception, resident directors, housing, tuition, tutoring, medical & life insurance, excursions, social & cultural activities, alumni network, Learning and Engagement Badge Program and more!
Additional Program Information
- *Minimum 2.80 G.P.A. *Open to sophomores, juniors, and seniors *Open to all levels of Italian speakers
- Scholarships Description:
- API awards approximately $500,000 in study abroad scholarships annually ranging from $250 -$1,000 per student.
Overall RatingNot Yet Reviewd
Be the First to Review this Program